Art and Design

Dear Readers
As I have mentioned before I am a Graphic Design student, and alhamdulliah so far I am enjoying my course (yes I did have moments where disliked it very very much) and I have 2 more years to go...but I don't want my creativity to end there and start a 'regular' job at the office or some sort. I wanna keep it alive and grab any opportunity given to me with both hands!

I have been doing Art& Design for a very long time, I started with fine art, and continued doing fine art in college. However, since I got introduced to Adobe Photoshop 8 years ago, I practised it during my free time and loved it. The beginning was very frustrating and a little bit complicated, but I got the grip of using Adobe Photoshop (7 back then). Photoshop (and the 'Undo' and 'Delete' options) made me pursue Graphic Design.
As a muslim, I have heard a lot of people saying that I shouldn't study art, and been advised not to draw faces or living beings.
Some Islamic Scholars aprove of art in Islam, some don't. I personally don't know who to listen to and right now it's not affecting me at all. I don't draw living beings anymore, and my style changed from fine art to abstract. I started Graphic Design in 2009, and been using more softwares and digital imaging than drawing and fine art.

I have studied various creative subjects (Fine Art, 3 years of Art& Design, Fashion Design, and currently studying Graphic Design) and I love it all. I even started learning Photography...for 4 weeks and it got too much studying Fine Art, Fashion Design AND Photography at the same time, so I changed Photography to Psychology.

In my fine art work, I mostly use oil paints, acrylic paint and pencil. Not a fan of watercolour...And in my graphic works, I use Adobe Photoshop CS4 almost all the time! Maybe Adobe Illustrator CS4 on few occasions...Can't include my fashion work, cause I didn't take any pictures...but inshallah someday I will post them.

Today I will be sharing some of my pervious work that I have done in college and university.

(Click Here to see more of my work)

Some Fine Art Paintings 2008-2009:

Some Graphic Design work 2009-2010:







Now that you have seen some of my creative work, I WANT YOU to show your creative work ON THIS BLOG! I would love to feature a muslim artist of any kind on this blog once a week (fashion designer, stylist, illustrator, graphic designer, fine artist, photographer, digital media, ceramics, ANYTHING creative you do!) You don't have to be doing it as a profession, just share your creativity on this blog. Feel free to drop me an email and I shell be writing about YOU next week on this blog!

You can email me (to email me, go on my profile and you'll see a link there) or send me a facebook message. Whatever suits you best.

Love and Peace

Zinah Nur Sharif