Arabian Nights with Aladdin

Iftar and Aladdin



I love Disney classics, they bring such sweet memories from my childhood. Not only that, I'm an adult now and still enjoy watching Disney films…hope I don't come across as a creep haha

Anyhow, it's been years since I've watched Aladdin, and I thought it suited this blessed month, you know with all the stereotypical land of the Arabs, the customs, the story somehow (and considering that I'm avoiding all kind of films for obvious reasons). However, since I'm looking after my nephews and nieces, I couldn't help but join in haha
Now the first film choice for this post was 'Prince of Egypt', but the whole story has been changed dramatically and does not even reflect the real story in the slightest, just don't like it and I did not want to confuse the little ones (my nephews and nieces that is haha)…



I'm going to avoid writing about Aladdin…I'm pretty sure most of you have watched it or at least hear of it.

As for food…there is always a feast during Ramadan, sorry to disappoint most of it won't include receipt :/ The feast includes spring roles, salad with prawns and avocado, Algerian soup, meatball sauce with bread, Vimto juice, pastry and many others that I can't seem to remember…let the pictures speak for themselves. Also, DATES, very important!





(Photography by Zinah)

Love and Peace




Zinah Nur Sharif