Cupcakes With A Shopaholic

Strawberry Cupcakes and Confession of a Shopaholic

I am ashamed to admit that I am a shopaholic…I'm recovering I must add! My room is starting to look like Rebecca Bloomwood's room! I have so much clothes and I kept buying more and more everytime…I entirely blame ZARA! Why do they design and make such amazing clothes? Anyways I'm off the point here haha

I have watched the film when it first came out in cinemas…alone! I loved it, it's a great laugh, light hearted, the main character Rebecca Bloomwood is very sweet and sadly in great debt. She is madly in love with fashion and clothes…it all doesn't end too well for her until she realises she needs help! I recommend everyone to watch it, ESPECIALLY if you feel that you're a shopaholic. It helps you know haha

I paired this film with strawberry cupcakes, after my own recipe ;). I obviously used the standard cupcake recipe and just added my own little twist to it…nothing special, I'm no chef haha


You need: 
- Strawberries 
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 150g lightly salted butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 175g self-raising flour
- 3eggs



The twist I was talking about is this; strawberries haha nothing special but delicious! Chop some strawberries really small and mix it with the rest of the cake mixture.

For the buttercream you need:
- 150g unsalted butter
- 250g icing sugar
- 1 table spoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons hot water

For the icing, I used two things…the usual butter cream, and strawberry puree mixed with butter icing.
Make sure that you only mix a bit of the butter cream with the strawberry puree and not all of it, as the mixture won't hold and only serves as a foundation of the icing, rather than the top. Do you know what I mean? 

Do you see how I've put the buttercream/strawberry puree first and then the plain buttercream on top? Holds and tastes much better this way! The cupcakes can be eaten without the buttercream, they taste just as good and are even healthier without it!

I enjoy my cupcakes with milk haha!

( Baking and Photography by Zinah)

Love and Peace

Zinah Nur Sharif