Winnie Détwa

Discovered the blog of this wonderful and lovely fashionista few months ago, and it was love at first sight!

Check out her first blog and her new blog!


Well, I had to bug her with few questions to know more about this lovely girl and of course to share it with you!


Know a little bit more about Winnie...

My name is Winnie Détwa and I'm a 20 year old, fashion blogger with an Egyptian American background. I'm a senior in college- studying political science. I'm a lover of chocolate and coffee (it's almost safe to say that I am an addict.)


What made you get into blogging?

I always cared about the way that I dressed. I would rather put in my effort into my school outfit, rather than my homework (I don't recommend that!). Six months ago, a dear friend of mine was like," You should start a fashion blog!" and that's when it all started.


Where do you find your inspiration for outfits?

If you're around me, you will realize that I'm very observant when it comes to how other people are dressed. My main inspiration for my outfits are people! Sure magazines are quite creative, but to see people actually wearing bizarre outfits- yet look amazing, now THAT is inspirational!




What are your five style signatures?

1. florals
2. turbans
3. maxi skirts
4. over sized tops
5. loafers


What are your top three styling tips?

1. Never be afraid to mix and match 2. Style your body with what works with your body 3. Express yourself! Your clothes is a portrayal of who you are!


Do you ever look back on outfits that you wore and think, "What was I thinking??"

HAHAHAHA, all the time! But I never regret anything. 




Divulge the fashion piece you could not live without?

My peach maxi skirt. If you ever pay attention to my pictures, I wear that skirt a WHOLE lot.


You have inspired many with your style and are a trendsetter, do you have any styling tips for the readers?

Again, just never be afraid to express who you are- no matter what anyone tells you! If you ever ilk anything and are truly convinced, then DO it! 


What is the fashion scene like in Egypt compared to the West?

Let's just say that fashion in Egypt has definitely evolved in the past couple of years....with the addition of American and European shop! I love the ethnic clothing in Egypt but the people all dress the same. There's no originality what so ever.




If you could work with anyone, who would it be and why?

Elli Saab FORSURE. There is not one piece from any of his collections that I was not absolutely in love with. His work is definitely admirable.


And finally, do you have a quote to leave us with?

Never ever be afraid to be yourself. Do what you do, no matter what people think.




With some of the answers relating to me, I'm starting to believe that Winnie is my long lost twin (or my virtual long lost twin) either way, I'm so glad I found her!



All Photographs were sent by Winnie herself :)



Love and Peace



Zinah Nur Sharif