Lakeca

The lovely Zulekha sent me these beautifully illustrated postcards. Each one of them were illustrated and designed by her.

The illustrations reminds me of something delicate yet harsh, like something that was so soft and romantic but has been distorted through time, swallowed by sorrow, aged by worry, but it still has some of its beauty left, keeping it alive. I know I'm describing them like these cards have lives, but I must admit they are so beautifully illustrated, that they might as well come to live.

That is why I used the dead hydrogen & rose flowers to compliment the postcards…both flowers still beautiful, but its obvious that there is no live in them, and some of their beauty faded through time. I like the atmosphere of it all

Zulekha's illustration are unique, have an edge and are a breath of fresh air. For more of her great illustrations, check out her pages:

Website & Facebook Page








(Photography by Zinah)

Love and Peace

Zinah Nur Sharif