Backstage with Bora Aksu


If you only knew the amount of stress and running around that happens backstage of a fashion show…you wouldn’t want to be part of it. Since I was clueless about all this, I obviously seized the opportunity to go backstage before the Spring/Summer 2013 Bora Aksu fashion show (at the Somerset House/ London Fashion Week) and dived in with the rest of the crew backstage!

It was so exciting seeing the magic that was happening before the show, and the great make-up artist and hairstylist at work! I was so lucky to meet the head make-up artist and ambassador of ELLIS FAAS, Maria Papadopoulou! She is far too lovely and was so wonderful in letting me in backstage, showing me some of the stuff and just making sure I was being looked after.

I must admit that they have done a great job with the hair and make-up. I of course only got to see that during the show (more on that during my next blog post), as the models were hurtled to the venue for rehearsal.

I was far too excited on that day and it took me at least a day or so to soak it all in…I even got more lucky after the show, but I won’t reveal it on this post :D the 14.09 was surely a memorable day J

Below are few pictures I took from backstage. More pictures on the facebook page here!




(Photography by Zinah)

Love and Peace

Zinah Nur Sharif